Tuesday, October 7, 2008


Here's an updated picture of Quin. It was taken in August. The soft pink toy she's holding we sent to her a few months ago!
Click on image to enlarge.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Sheila has made a wonderful blog site with which we can share our excitement and our coming adventures.
I did have a dream last night that we were already in China and the adoption had occurred. Pleasantly in my dream I was able to converse with Quin in Spanish. Unfortunately in my dream Quin had taken up the sad habit of smoking (but only 3 cigarettes a day, she informed me) which we were trying to break her of.
I guess my anxieties had found an unconcscious outlet.
Joe Schifilliti

Unknown said...

I am so glad you did this. Thanks for the info. I hope you can post updates while you travel.

We can't wait to meet Quin.

Roy

Carla said...

I am so happy for all of you. I can't wait to meet Quin in the near future. I look forward to blogging along with you for the trip to China. Have a safe journey and know that I love you!!
Carla

Trish said...

Sheila,

I'm so happy you started a blog! I can't wait to follow your journey, looking forward to meeting you if you ever get down this way again! ((((hugs))))Trish

Sarah said...

Looking forward to meeting all of you SOON!! Your blog looks great.
Blessings,
Sarah

sabrina Snowden said...

Okay, this is my first ever blog! We are very exited for ya'll (can we teach Quin "southern speak?")!! We will be praying for a safe journey for all of you and, of course, that Quin is at least down to nicorette gum or a patch by the time you return home!!! She is one lucky girl to be a part of the Schifilliti family (if only she can learn how to spell her new name!!), and I am sure she will bring lots of joy to the family. Keep us posted!
Love,
Sabrina

3mariposas said...

Dear Sheila, Joe & Emma,
First of all, thank you for allowing us to follow you through this incredible journey. Ditto for the blog, IT IS wonderful! Please keep updating the comments & photographs. I too have had about five dreams; the sweetest one being of Emma and Quin sitting side by side on a sofa under a warm, soft blanket. Emma, you're going to be an amazing & most thoughtful big sister. Joe & Sheila, you two have the biggest hearts of any couple I've even met! I look forward to your safe return from China with your new little angel ! All our love, Angie, Steve, Emily, Lauren & Sophia

joanie tevis said...

Yeah Sheila, Joe and Emma I am so excited for you! This will be a memorable family adventure! Quin is a very lucky little girl to be joining your family! We love and miss you in Tucson.
Joan

Judy, Mark, Nora, Ji Ji and Jiang Lei said...

We are so excited for you and we can't wait to see photos and hear your story. Hope you have a great time in China. We are thinking of you.

Unknown said...

Hi all, I am so happy that you are able to share with us through this blog. Although we could not all be there, it is definetly the next best thing.
Your narative brings both smiles and tears of happiness.
All my love. Lisa

Lisa K said...

Emotional reading this and seeing the photos. I love her already and can't wait to meet the little Smoochie!

Lisa K.