Thursday, November 6, 2008

More Smiles

6 November 2008 Quin Ann Schifilliti is her name and leading the charge is her game. She has taken to busting out of our room over to her nainai’s room, at the mere mention of nainai’s name (nainai is Chinese for paternal grandma). So things are moving along nicely. I can tell you that despite minimal talking she lets her opinions be known. Certainly we are doing our best to spoil her. A nice example is the process of eating. We take her through the buffet line and she points or distinctly shakes her head yes or no as to what she wants. So far I can tell you that her more exotic tastes include chicken feet with pig’s feet being a distant second. On the flip side, she has reasonable American tendencies also.” Extra” gum get’s her revved up, as do Pringle’s Sour Cream & Onion chips. Dora the Explorer (Chinese version) is also a major hit (thanks again Roy.) She will sit through about one half of an episode and then carefully remove the DVD, replace it with another. She makes certain to put the old disc to its place in the case. Order and neatness have been well ingrained. But she also enjoys the madness of endlessly pressing the DVD players buttons to see what will happen. She is speaking more and she has a soft, peaceful little voice. I could not begin to translate the meaning, but it sounds to me like she is happy and content. She has even acknowledged the fact that I can be quite a humorous fellow. Given the right set of circumstances I can generate a smile or a giggle. Emma and Sheila surpass me in all manner of interaction, but that’s fine. I’m getting mine and I am glad to see my family showing me what this “4 for fun” title is all about. Joe Schifilliti

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! She is a real cutie pie! And this blog is fabulous. Thanks for setting it up for all of us to follow your travels. John and I were trying to figure out the picture of the plate of food and we decided that we would stick with tacos, beans & tortillas. Looked a little scarey to us. You all look like you're having a great time. Thanks again for putting this together for us.

Stef in Tucson